For The Latest In Data Asset Management Thinking
Data Leadership Report: data assets and their (mis)management
86 data leaders. $1 trillion in combined revenues. Find out what they had to say about data assets, how they’re seen, invested in, managed (or not) and what experts say can be done to tackle the challenges.
What Is Your Data Worth?
Watch this to learn about the benefits of data valuation, the detail around getting data onto the balance sheet, and the pros and cons of different data valuation methodologies.
- 00:35 – Overview
- 01:54 – Intangibles now make up 90% of S&P 500
- 03:11 – Organisations aren’t making the right investments in data
- 04:36 – Data is a new kind of asset
- 05:58 – Why is data not on the balance sheet?
- 08:38 – What’s been going on in data?
- 11:17 – Leaders say data’s important, but it’s not managed as such
- 14:51 – Data asset management and data valuation are critical
- 16:56 – Different data valuation methodologies
- 20:53 – Data valuation in action
How To Manage Data As An Asset
Watch this to learn what it means to manage data as an asset, why you should, why it doesn’t happen more and how to get the business on board with it.
- 00:44 – Data is important
- 02:02 – Why is data important & what’s changed that data has become so important?
- 03:11 – Data is a significant asset, but it’s not managed as an asset
- 03:38 – Digital-born companies understand that data is the lifeblood of the organisation
- 05:06 – CEOs agree that data is critical, but organisations invest in tech, not data
- 06:50 – Only 3% of data is fit for purpose
- 07:58 – The hidden cost of bad data
- 08:41 – The data maturity ladder
- 09:25 – The data problem unpacked
- 13:55 – How do we solve it? Improving ROI on data assets
- 16:02 – Data asset management in action